Mornings with little ones, especially school mornings, can be… challenging. While you’re juggling breakfast, teeth-brushing, prepping lunch, and filling backpacks, you’re also tasked with making sure your kids are dressed, with matching shoes (!?) before heading out for their learning-filled days.
To help simplify your morning routine, we partnered with Rozanne from @bright_little_brains to create a 5-Day Closet Organization Station that will allow your kids to take ownership of this important part of their morning.
What You’ll Need:
- Multi-Section Organization / Storage Unit—this can be a hanging closet organizer, stackable plastic bins, drawer carts, or baskets
- Ensure the unit is accessible for your kids so they can take the lead here!
- Paper and/or Labeling Supplies
Setting up your Organization Station:
- Before you start, let your child try on their school clothes! Anything that doesn’t fit anymore, donate. Store out-of-season clothes out of reach and rotate seasonally.
- Create legible daily labels (Monday – Friday)
- Place 1 label per section in the order of the days of the week
- Identify a mix of suitable clothing options with your child and help them pair outfits with all the pieces they’ll need (you can also provide them with a checklist for more autonomy)
- Place outfits in the corresponding section for the day they’ll be worn
- Let your kids take responsibility for getting dressed each morning and enjoy your coffee while it’s hot!
Continue the Back to School fun with learning activities, stories, and more on the HOMER Learn & Grow App.