We’re cool, calm, and ready to create! This DIY Sensory Zen Garden is a creative way to help kids stay calm and focused—all while having fun!
What You’ll Need:
- Bag of stale cereal
- Baking pan or play bin
- Shells, stones, and ocean animal toys
- A fork
Setting up Your Zen Garden:
- To create the sand base, use a blender to grind stale cereal pieces
- Pour the sand into your pan or bin and spread it out to create a smooth surface
- Add shells, pebbles, and ocean animal toys
- Time to play! Use shells and other utensils to make soothing strokes and patterns in the sand
For more playful ways to keep kids calm and focused, check out more fun activities on the HOMER Learn & Grow App.