This printable offers a fun, hands-on way to practice sorting and categorizing objects by color and number!
Set-Up Time: 10 min
Activity Time: 20-30 min
Mess Level: None
What You’ll Need:
- This printable
- Counters (or use the bonus counters on page 4!)
- Crayons or colored pencils
- Scissors (if using bonus counters)
- Encourage your learner to explain how they’re sorting their counters and why.
- Reinforce learning with these activies in the HOMER Learn & Grow app: Soak ‘n Sort: Colors and Soak ‘n Sort: Numbers
(You can find them both in the Games section under “Sorting & Classifying.”)
- Incorporate sorting and patterns in your everyday routine by asking for help sorting laundry, crayons, blocks, or toys. The opportunities are endless!
Skill Spotlight: sorting, ordering, patterns, number recognition, object counting