A classic activity to explore shapes through play! Learning about lots of geometric shapes? Use this fun tangram puzzle to “piece” it all together. What this activity lacks in pun, it makes up for in fun (and rhyme).
How to Play:
- Cut out the shapes on page one of this printable.
- Use the outline on page two to show your child where to put the pieces, then let them practice on their own!
- For an extra challenge, have them complete the puzzle using only the border on page three.
- Optional: Use the guide on page 4 to create more pictures in the open border.
- Print and cut out multiple copies of the shapes on page one. Your child can then color the shapes and glue them onto construction paper to make a geometric collage!
- Encourage hands-on, explorative play: how do the shapes fit together? What new shapes can they form? The best way for kids to learn about the properties of geometric shapes is to play with them!